Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Ultrasound Results Are In...

We officially have ONE healthy little baby growing!  Everything looked really good and the baby had a heartbeat of 138, which is perfect. It's supposed to be anywhere between 120 and 160. Now that we've established that everything is progressing as expected, I get to switch to my regular Ob/Gyn (Whom I love and can't say enough good things about!) for the rest of my prenatal care. 


This is such an exciting time. With all of my pregnancies I have lived for that next appointment and couldn't wait to hear that heartbeat on the Doppler. This one will be just as exciting, yet different of course, but in a good way. Because this is my 4th pregnancy (in 5 1/2 years, no less) it almost feels like I'm just getting back in the saddle and I have to remind myself what an exciting and new experience most of this is for my IP's.  I remember when I was pregnant with John (my oldest) and loving every single step along the way and having the excitement and anticipation of what was to come.  Not that I didn't have that with Alex and Grace, but when you already have little ones at home to keep you busy you just don't get to enjoy it like you do with the first.


Thank you all for your prayers that have gotten us to this point. Please continue to pray that this pregnancy goes smoothly and without complication. Children are a gift from the Lord and I'm so blessed to be a special part of that for two wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment