Friday, February 4, 2011

The 2 Week Wait

So, after the embryos were transferred we had to wait 2 weeks from the day of the egg retrieval to find out if I was actually pregnant. Of course, this time drags on very slowly. I took several cheap (dollar store-cheap) home tests that were all negative, but I was expecting that. It just satisfied my need to check just in case it came up positive. However, the day before I was to have my blood drawn for a beta HCG (an early pregnancy hormone) I had the chance to buy a First Response Early Result pregnancy test and just couldn't resist. And lo and behold...it was positive! I was so excited and immediately took a picture of it on my phone and sent it to my IM.  We were both thrilled and I was so happy to share that news with her.


The next day (Wednesday January 26th) I had my blood drawn, and even though I had taken the home test, I was still anxious. It came back with a result of 205.  >5 is pregnant, so I was more than a little bit pregnant ;).  Ideally the number doubles every 48-72 hours, so I had it drawn again on Friday and the result was 481. So, it more than doubled!  This was very reassuring.


So, that's where we are right now. I'm pregnant, but we don't know yet if it's one baby or two... :P 
I have an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday February 15th. That's still a week and half away!!! This waiting period is even worse, I think.  Part of me just knew that the transfer would work. I mean, why wouldn't it have? I got pregnant without trying twice (Hello Alex and Grace!) and this time was very calculated and planned out.  But, since we put TWO embryos in there...well, you never know.  Both embryos implanting happens quite frequently, especially since our embryos weren't frozen and were such good quality.  So, my IP's could quite possibly be doubly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment