Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Q&A #1

So I'm going to do some Q&A sessions here and at my husband's suggestion I'm going to answer one question per post...just to keep you all coming back for more! ;) (And so my posts aren't forever long!)


How are you preparing your kids for this and will you get to see the baby after it is born?


Joe and I have 3 kids. John is 5, Alex is 3, and Grace is 1. We've told all of them that mommy is going to have a baby, but the baby isn't mommy's baby and she's not going to be bringing it home after it is born (Thank God! lol) John is old enough to understand that I can have a baby for someone else, but young enough to not ask too many questions about how it all works. Alex just simply accepts it all as fact and goes on about his day. And Grace, well she's too young to think about anyone but herself and probably won't realize much happened.  All in all, though, we're being completely honest about the whole experience with them. They haven't met the IP's yet, but they will at some point along the way.


As for seeing the baby after it's born, I'll be able to see it, but I want to give the parents as much privacy as possible. I know they aren't going to just cut me off after the baby is born.  Ideally, I'd like see pictures every once in awhile and maybe get together occasionally. I'm totally open to whatever they choose.  We have a really good relationship so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment