Friday, February 4, 2011

Getting you caught up

Ok, so it's been awhile...a long while.  I promise I'm going to do better. My last post I talked about how I wanted to be a surrogate (more accurately, a gestational carrier.) We got everything settled with RAI and in October we were matched with a great (more like AWESOME!) set of Intended Parents (IP's). Everything has been almost surreal since then. I met with their reproductive endocrinologist in early November and started the preparation necessary to carry a baby.  On Wednesday January 12th they retrieved the Intended Mother's (IM's) eggs and mixed 'em up with the Intended Father's (IF's) sperm and made some really good embryos.  3 days later, on January 15th, two of the best embryo's were transferred into my uterus. The whole process for me was very easy and painless (other than having a full bladder with an ultrasound head being mashed into it.)  My IM had it the worst; from what I've heard egg retrieval is not a very fun procedure. Google it and you'll get the idea. So, after the embryo transfer the waiting game began...


Here is a picture of two 8 cell embryos (this is not the actual picture of ours, just one I found online, but you get the idea.)

It's amazing to me that we all start this way (smaller, actually, and from two separate single cells!)  God is so amazing! I am so excited and honored to be a part of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment