Thursday, November 24, 2011

Looking Back

One question that I've gotten since I delivered Gianluca, is will I be a carrier again. I must say that having the complications that I did have made me think a little bit harder about it. It really is a big risk to take, no matter what my personal history is. At my postpartum follow up visit I asked my doctor what his thoughts were, because I certainly would never do it if he didn't think I should. He thought it would be fine with one stipulation. He said he'd rather me just have a scheduled c-section instead of labor and have another VBAC. He said that way the situation is more controlled and he'd for sure be there. Which is exactly what Joe and I had agreed on when we had talked about it.

Of course, I'm not jumping the gun on this. I'm not even going to begin pursuing it (if I do at all) for at least a year. I need to give my body a break (and my family too!)  Right now I'm enjoying not being pregnant. I really thought that I would miss it, but I think the weight that I have lost has helped that. From pumping breastmilk, I'm down 20 pounds from when I got pregnant. Woo-hoo! Now, I just have to keep it off.

There is one way that I would be carrier again for sure. If Sarah and Brian would ask me to. I still would like to wait awhile (and I think they would too, lol), but I would definitely agree to do it again in a heartbeat. I would love to help give Gianluca a sibling.  As for doing it for a different couple, well, Sarah and Brian have set the bar pretty high when it comes to intended parents. ; )

All the while I was pregnant, people told me what an amazing thing I was doing. I always thought, "Eh, anyone could do this, I'm not anything special." It didn't really hit me until I saw him in Sarah and Brian's arms. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I really realized that if I hadn't carried him he wouldn't be here. I mean yes, I know it didn't necessarily have to be me. If not me, they would have had someone else as their carrier, but you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong though, I give all the glory to God. It really would not have happened if He weren't in charge.  I thank Him for giving me the ability to do what I did.


1 comment:

  1. Great Blog. keep posting!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete