Friday, March 16, 2012

What to do?

Do you ever feel so completely overwhelmed with the day to day tasks of life that even thinking about tackling a new household project brings on a meltdown?  When I get the kitchen cleaned, the living room picked up, and the laundry put away I feel accomplished, but then I think about all the other things I'd like to do (organize closets, put away totes of stuff from our old house, redecorate) I wonder where I will find the time and energy.

Ideally, I'd like to assign each day a specific set of tasks and stick to it, but with my work schedule varying every week it's just about impossible.  And who knows how much time I waste on the computer. I'm better than I used to be, but it's still a struggle to yank the thing away from me now and then. It always seems like the days when I'm super motivated to get stuff done end up being the days I have to work in the evening, so my time is cut short. It's one of the times that I am envious of stay at home mothers. (Other times I am so glad for the escape of work. Shhhh, don't tell my kids that.)

Every once in awhile the thought occurs to me that one day all of my kids will be in school all day while I can do whatever I darn well please. Maybe then I'll get my house organized. Or maybe I'll just take a nap.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can better manage my time and tackle the big things, feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment