Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yep, I was THAT mom.

If anyone has ever taken a 3 year old shopping then you know what a pain in the butt it can be. Gone are the days where she sits happily buckled in to the cart. Someone (DADDY) introduced her to riding on the end of the cart. Which leads to frequent hopping on and off. And making the shopping trip take twice as long. It also doesn't help that she now knows how to unbuckle herself if I do happen to get her kicking and screaming little butt into the appropriate seat.

Which is what happened last Saturday during a trip to the best place to go if you want to witness bad parenting skills, Walmart. That day I fit right in. I was in the process of picking out some new lamp shades. Grace was settled in to her seat, happily (or so I thought) distracted by a book we grabbed off the shelf. I was facing away from her and suddenly heard a loud crash. She had stood up, grabbed the edge of the shelf, pushed the cart away from the shelf and lost her balance. Well, you know what resulted from all that. The screaming ensued about 2 seconds after she landed face first on the floor. She ended up with a huge fat lip, a goose egg on her forehead, and a pretty bruised nose. Thank God, her teeth were fine and her nose wasn't broken.

So, I apologize to whomever had to take care of my abandoned cart with all the unpurchased items in it. And thank you to those that stood there and stared at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment