Wednesday, August 24, 2011

34 week thoughts

Being 34 weeks pregnant now, I get asked frequently how I am feeling. I'm still feeling great, just tiring out a little more quickly at times. However, even more frequently I think I've been asked how I feel about getting closer to my delivery date and all the emotions that will come with that. Though I still don't deny that I may have some sadness about delivering a baby and not going home with one in my arms, I think what will make me the most sad is that the whole journey will be over. Right now I'm very much needed and counted on to keep this baby boy growing and as healthy as possible. Once he's on the outside, though, my part will be over.  But, all I have to do is remind myself why I am doing this in the first place.  To give someone the chance to have their own child when they otherwise would not have been able to.  And to hear my husband tell me how beautiful I am when I am pregnant... ; ) Kidding.

No, really, I can't say it enough. I feel so blessed to be a part of this journey with Sarah and Brian. Not only am I helping them fulfill their dream of having a child of their own, but they have helped me fulfill my own dream of being a surrogate. This whole entire experience has been absolutely wonderful. I wouldn't change a single thing.
I feel so grateful that they chose me to be their carrier. And I would do it again in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment