Friday, July 1, 2011

26 weeks and randomness

So, it's been way too long since I've posted. I think it's mainly because summer is here and I've got more energy to run around here and there with my kiddos, so I've been on the go more. It's funny, at times I still forget that I'm pregnant. Weird, I know. But since I don't have to worry about planning for a new baby and buying things and choosing a name and such...I sometimes get so distracted with life around me that I forget the little mister is there until he squirms around. And there's a LOT more of that going on. At times it seems like he moves a ton for being only 26 weeks :)

So, last week I had another ultrasound to check where my placenta was. It's still low-lying, but Dr. Bishop still thinks it won't be a problem. Just to cross our T's and dot our I's (as he put it), I'm going to have another ultrasound in 4 weeks (well, 3 now, since it's a week later.) I think this is the most ultrasounds I've ever had in a pregnancy! Not complaining though, at all. It's always nice to see how he's doing. It's hard to believe after this next appointment I'll be in my third trimester and going to the doctor's every 2 weeks instead of every 4.

Anyways, Sarah was unable to get out of work last week for our appointment, so Brian brought a few special guests with him. The Grandma's! :) I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting each of their mothers. They were both very nice and very respectful of my privacy during the appointment, despite me telling them not to worry about it! I'm nearly as excited for them as I am Sarah and Brian and wanted them to feel welcome and truly be a part of the experience.  They were both very grateful to see the baby on the ultrasound and I'm so glad that they were able to come.

I've been daydreaming a lot recently about how the labor and delivery of this baby will go. Each of my babies have made their entrance in their own unique way. With John, I pushed for 2 hours almost to the minute and had an epidural that really didn't work that great. Though I look back on it with fond memories, I really wouldn't want to repeat it. With Alex, I went into labor on my own, which was wonderful (I was induced the first time around, which was fine, but nothing compared to natural labor) and had a great epidural and pushed for about 20 minutes. He, however, gave us a little scare towards the end because his heart rate dropped with every contraction, but he came out just fine. And of course my sweet little (Ha!) Grace, who decided she didn't want to come out like her brothers. I was induced with her because we already knew she was on the bigger side. My labor progressed quickly, but then got stuck at 8-9 centimeters dilated because not only was she 9 pounds 2 ounces, but she was face up instead of face down. It's (in most cases) a lot harder for a baby to come through the pelvis face up. So, she got stuck and I had to have a c-section. Which really wasn't a bad experience either. I really just felt like I had done a million sit-ups. Otherwise, I bounced back just like I did with the boys.

So, that's why I've been thinking about this delivery so much...I'm not really sure yet which way little mister will make his grand entrance. My goal is to have a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) because I'd like to have at least one more surrogate baby and I don't want to have too many c-sections. But, if I have to have a c-section, then I'm ok with that too. Either way, I just can't wait for Sarah and Brian to meet their son.  I get giddy with excitement just thinking about it. Sigh...he will be here before we know it.

On a side note, I had a dream last night that I had twins (don't remember if they were boys or girls) but their names were Tachy and Brady.  You have to be in the medical profession to find that amusing...why in the world would I dream that??? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment