Thursday, May 26, 2011

21 weeks

Today we had our big mid-pregnancy ultrasound. Everything looked absolutely perfect! The baby was in breech position (which is ok for now) and was very cooperative. The little peanut was estimated to be about 1 pound 1 ounce, which is right on track.

Of course you're probably wondering...did they find out the sex? Well...yes, but I'm not at liberty to share yet! :) Soon enough, though. Once they tell their families then I'll be sure to post it.

The only issue we saw on the ultrasound was that I have a low-lying placenta right now, but the top of it stretches up to the top of my uterus, so Dr. Bishop is not really concerned about it. Placentas only move up as the pregnancy progresses and the uterus grows. We're going to check another ultrasound in 4 weeks just to make sure, but it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm so excited that everything is going so well. Time is just flying by, too. I'm feeling more and more movement. John (my 5 year old) has been asking me when he'll be able to feel Sarah and Brian's baby move. And Grace points to my belly button and says, "Baby button!"  Not sure where she got that from.

And I can finally say I feel GREAT when people ask me how I'm doing. The fatigue is gone and I've got way more energy. It's wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment