Monday, March 7, 2011

First Prenatal Appointment and Another Ultrasound

So, it's been a little longer than I planned since my last post. I'm 9 weeks and 5 days and boy...am I feeling it. Last week I was soooo tired. It seems a little better, but not much.  I've also been having an upset stomach. Not really nauseated, just feeling icky. The foods that I normally love don't even sound good. I was the same way in my other pregnancies too.  What does sound good is cereal. I could eat it for every meal. Also I've been craving fruit. Which was the same in my other pregnancies as well. I was telling someone this and they said, "Well, at least that's better than craving McDonald's!" Very true! :)  I've also had a really bad taste in my mouth, which I do not remember ever having before. I think it could be from the meds that I'm still on (prometrium and estrace) but I'm not sure. So, I've been trying to chew gum most of the time between meals.

I just can't wait to get some of my energy back! I feel bad for my family because I've been very unmotivated to to do anything around the house.  I know Joe gets frustrated by this (Love you, Honey!) so I try to do as much as I can. He's been really great, though, and helps me a lot despite being in school and working.  I think this is one of the times where being a night shifter is a disadvantage.  I stay up all night for work 3 nights a week and then sleep during the day and I've found that even on my nights off when I do sleep at night I still have no energy in the morning. I don't find the motivation to do anything until after noon!

So, at 9 weeks pregnant last week we had another ultrasound and first prenatal appointment with my OB physician. Everything looked great on the ultrasound and the little peanut was measuring exactly 9 weeks like it should. And boy, was that little peanut wiggling! It was cracking us up. Like it had its own little soundtrack in there and couldn't resist dancing. The heartbeat was 178 because it was moving around so much!

I was really looking forward to having Sarah and Brian (Yep, they gave me permission to use their names in my blog! Yea!) meet my OB, Dr. Bishop. As I've said before, I really really like him.  As most of you know I am a labor and delivery nurse, so I work with him, but I was a patient of his before I worked in that department. I've found that I love working with him just as much as I love being his patient.  I hope that they like him as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment