Tuesday, March 29, 2011

12 weeks 6 days

I had my regular OB appointment today with Dr. Bishop. We listened to the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler and it was in the 150's and sounded great. As usual, I was in and out of the office in about 20 minutes.  Dr. Bishop always says I make his job easy, but honestly I really don't have much to complain about.  Sarah and Brian weren't here for this appointment, which was totally fine since it was such a quick appointment.  Next month will be the same way, but then the appointment after that will be the big 20 week ultrasound which they, of course, plan to be here for.  

So, we're already headed into the 2nd trimester. The time when a woman is  supposed to start feeling better and getting more energy...Yeah, not so sure how much of that will be going on. Don't get me wrong, I am feeling better, but how much energy can I really expect to have when I'm chasing 3 kids around plus trying to keep up with housework and working 36 hours a week? But it's ok, because I expected this and still chose to do it. It's my only real complaint and it too will pass...right? ;)

When I picked Alex up from school today his teacher asked me if I went to the doctor's because Alex had made sure to tell everyone that I was going to have the baby in my belly checked. I told her yes, that I had and she promptly congratulated me on my pregnancy. And I promptly filled her in on the whole situation. She said it all made better sense now because when she asked Alex if he was going to be a big brother again he said no, that the baby wasn't coming home with us. We had a laugh over the whole situation, but it made me feel really good about being upfront and honest with the kids from the get-go. I guess maybe he understands a little more than I thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment