Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day One

I've been thinking about it for awhile now. Decided to finally act on it. Nobody's probably very interested in all I have to say, but I'm thinking of it as more of a journal of my daily living. I'm going to be a blogger...ok, now that that's over, I'll get on with it. I'm just gonna dive right in...Hmmmm, what to say.

Let's start with the other day. I think it was Sunday. Yeah, it was Sunday. We were getting ready for church and Alex was playing with Grace on my bed. He was about to give her something that she could've choked on, so I stopped him. John, who's nearly 4 1/2, then informed me what you do when someone is choking. Full description of the Heimlich Maneuver. He's 4. Seriously? I asked him where he learned that and he replies, "My science book." Like, "Duh, mom." So I asked him what science book he was talking about. He runs off and comes back with a little pocket reference guide that I bought when I finished nursing school. I remembered that I had looked through it with him awhile back and told him he could keep it. That kid is something else. He simply amazes us sometimes. Often Joe and I wonder if all kids are like this, or if he's really got something here.  Slowly, I think we're finding out that he's a little above the average 4 year old. I absolutely don't mean that to sound like it does either. I'm not saying he's better than others, cause believe me he doesn't know it all. He's working on his number and letter recognition and writing his name, but when it comes to critical thinking and memory recall, I think he's a little ahead of the game. He'll go to kindergarten screening in May, and I'm interested in seeing what they have to say.  Then again, like I said before, maybe all kids are like this.

On to other things, our living room has finally (already?)  been cleared of all baby gear.  When I say that I mean, no more swing, bouncer, jumperoo, or floor gym. Really, when did she get so big that she no longer needs this stuff? So, when I say finally I mean it's nice to have the extra space in the room, but I'm also sad that she's growing so fast. 3 more months and she'll be a year old already. It's one of those things where it seems like she was just born, but yet it feels like she's been with us forever. I can barely remember what life was like without her. She is the sweetest, happiest little baby girl and I love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment